Thursday, December 20, 2007

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX33 and linux: first test

Sarah just came home with a Panasonic Lumix DMC FX33, a replacement for her stolen Canon IXY. So the first trepidation: does it work with Linux? I did n't put the SD card in at first but I just plugged it in to my Sony Vaio PCG V505. Actually I just used the cable from my own cheapy Tesco Technica. I took a picture on the build-in strage then plugged it in. Mandriva 2006 happily automounted it as a USB mass storage device 26.9MBytes. No problem. Phew. Then I put in an SD memory card. That works fine too, and like many cameras the internal memory does not mount when you have the card in. So thats ok. It will not have to go back to the shop!

1 Comments:

Blogger abdulbrain said...

interesting blog. i discovered a huge problem in sony vaio extended warranties. see my blog and if you do not mind can you give me some suggestions so people are aware of this? its at abdulbrain.blogsot.com thank you

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home